Picture Nr. 1 - winter mood
Picture Nr. 2 - short description
Picture Nr. 3 - short description
Fachgruppenleiter/Co-ordinator: Prof. Dr. Carmen POSTOLACHE
The goal of the Expert Group is to support and coordinate the chemical and physical investigations done by the Danube Basin Member States and international/national bodies, NGO,s. Contacts shuold be estabilished with international river oganizations, transboundary water commissions. More attention will be payed to practical water quality monitoring, due to the Helsinki (1992) convention.
The Expert Group will support specific workshops, PHARE, INTERREG and ISPA project promot exchange of experiences, for countries in transition. The Expert Group will be not a data bank, or a center of analytical methods, but would like to be a platform of exchange of information via the web side iad-sil.com. More attention have to be paid of the physical changes of our watercourses and to the related remedial and restoration measurements due to the EU Water Framework Directive.
The Expert Group will take into consideration:
- EU Water Framework Directive
- Convention on Cooperation for he Protection and Sustainable Use of the Danube River (Danube River Protection Convention)
- UN/ECE Convention on Protection and Use of Transboundary Watercouses and International Lakes
- Bilateral Agreements on Tarnsboundary Watercourses
- IAD web-site gives possibilities for relevant informations, for downloading tools, necessary for daly work too.
Danube is one of the most investigated river in Europe, but we have a lack if informations due to the EU Water framework Directive. New approach is needed for restoration/rehabilitation of river major components:
- water quality
- flow regime
- riparian structure
To pay much more attention on aquatic physics
- interaction hydrology and water quality
- lake and river restoration
- hydropower stations
- movements, velocity
- suspended matter
- sediment transport
- sediment quality
The IAD website will be used by the Expert Group Chemistry/Physics to get and download relevant informations and will have a tool-oriented approach for Danube catchment areas in respect to transboundary water quantity/quality management.